- Implementing Agency: Provincial Government of Pangasinan
- Year Implemented: 2006
The Pangasinan Crisis Intervention Center (PCIC) is the first action center in Region l that operates 24 hours a day. The PCIC immediately responds to individuals and families in crisis situations. It was established on May 17, 2006 under the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office.
In 2014, a new Pangasinan Crisis Intervention Center was constructed, which is located at Lingayen District Hospital Compound, Lingayen, Pangasinan and was inaugurated on March 20, 2014.
Its vision is to become the center of competence that strives to empower women and children to fight and eliminate all forms of violence thereby promoting their sense of individuality and integrity.
Background and Problem
The Pangasinan Crisis Intervention Center will serve as a safe intermediary home for the less fortunate individuals and families, especially the survivors of domestic violence. It is aimed at working toward the elimination of all forms of violence through:
- Provision of a shore-term shelter to individuals/women/children victim-survivor of abuses
- Presence of 24-hour crisis hotline
- Provision of counseling services
- To accomplish and conduct Referral Services/Facilitating for medical or legal procedures
- To conduct Information Education Campaign (IEC)
Solution and Impact
The PCIC is considered as the best practice in Region I because of the services it offers. From the time that the clients are admitted in the center, several procedures are followed. A series of interviews is conducted followed by a general check-up and assessment of the client. The client is assured of protection from perpetrators
Financial assistance is given to assist in the investigation of the case. The client will also be supported by social workers to help them recover from trauma and stress. The center will also provide legal assistance through prescribed protection laws.
Remarkable awards given to PCIC:
- GAD Local earning Hub 2019-2022 – awarded by the Philippine Commission on Women
- 2017 Most Innovative Program- awarded by the Province of Pangasinan
- Certificate of Accreditation- First Level Standards in the Implementation of Residential-Based Programs and Services for Children, Youth, Women and Older Persons, Disaster Victims, PWDs, Families and Communities – awarded by Department of Social Welfare and Development