The Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP), through its Productivity and Development Center (PDC), successfully conducted the “Online Learning Session on Information Security Management System (ISMS)” and the “Online Learning Session on Business Process Streamlining (BPS)” on 26 May 2020 and June 2, 2020 , respectively, as part of its free webinar series for the public sector.
Resource Person Teodoro Ramirez, Jr. presented an overview of the requirements of ISO 27001 Information Security Management System during the Online Learning Session. A total of 455 webinar attendees learned about ISO 27001 as an international standard that specifies the requirements for an ISMS, a best-practice approach to addressing information security that encompasses people, processes, and technology.
On the other hand, the concept of process streamlining and its relevance to productivity and quality were learned by 551 webinar participants who joined the Online Learning Session on BPS, which was discussed by DAP’s in-house expert Mr. Homer Alcon.
According to Kate Tungod, DAP Project Manager, “The free webinars serve as a preview to the full-length intensive training courses being offered by the PDC. We have more upcoming webinars and training courses that the participants can learn from.” She was referring to the the following webinars/courses to be conducted on June – July 2020:
- Online Training Course on Information Security Management System on June 16-18, 2020;
- Webinar on the Introduction to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System on June 24, 2020;
- Online Training Course on Business Process Streamlining for the Public Sector on June 30 – July 3, 2020;
- Webinar on the Introduction to Knowledge Management on July 9, 2020; and,
- Online Training Course on Knowledge Management for the Public Sector on July 20-23, 2020.
Webinar attendees will be provided certificates of appearance after completion of the sessions and submission of the filled-out webinar evaluation.